- QIMING NEWS
- PORTFOLIO NEWS
- China Turns to Precision Medicine in Fight Against Cancer
When Nisa Leung was pregnant with her first child in 2012, her doctor in Hong Kong offered her a choice. ........
- Qiming Venture's JP Gan: Meitu Could Be China's Next Tencent
The closing months of 2016 have been kind to Qiming Venture Partners. ........
- Homeward Bound Gary Rieschel Talks About China VC
Many of the savviest China hands give their best interviews only when they are about to leave the country,........
- Pharma high-fliers blaze a trail
Zai Lab founder Samantha Du (center) and chief operating officer Marietta Wu (left) meeting Nisa Leung, a life sciences investor........
- Profile: Qiming Venture Partners' Gary Rieschel
Gary Rieschel’s career in venture capital began in the US before the dotcom bubble burst. Now the co-founder
of China-based Qiming Venture Partners advocates a cautious investment strategy .......
- Global VCs want to see more "heroes"in Asia
Venture capital is arguably the lifeblood of entrepreneurship. As much as a founder can pull herself up by her own .......
- Despite manufacturing prowess, China faces long road toward success in innovation
INNOVATION is an important buzzword in China these days. It commands such importance that a national movement of innovation is steadily gathering momentum........
- China investors should get in early says Xiaomi venture capitalist Gary Rieschel
Pride of place on Gary Rieschel's bookshelf, in his corner office overlooking Shanghai's impressive skyline, .......
- Think Globally, Act Globally
Gary Rieschel has built a phenomenally successful set ofbusinesses in a career that straddles the tech.......
- Promotion of William Hu to Managing Partner
Qiming Venture Partners, today announces the promotion of William Hu to Managing Partner effective immediately.......
- Qiming Venture Partners Welcomes Kuantai Yeh and Jing Wu as its Newest Partners
Qiming Venture Partners ("Qiming"), a leading venture capital firm in China, today, announced the addition of Kuantai Yeh (叶冠泰), ......
- Qiming Venture Partners Announced the Successful Closing of Fund IV at $500 Million
Qiming Venture Partners announced today that it had closed Fund IV at $500 million.
- Qiming Venture Partners Welcomes Helen Wong as its Newest Partner......
Qiming Venture Partners ("Qiming"), a leading venture capital firm in China, today, announced the addition of Helen Wong (黄佩华),......
- Gary Rieschel on China Money Podcast
In this episode of China Money Podcast, founder of Qiming Venture Partners, Gary Rieschel, shares his thoughts on the Chinese economy, the technological evolutions of the Chinese Internet sector and why he is confident that Qiming will be well within the top quartile performers among China's venture capital firms.
- Chinese Deal Flow To Ramp Up In Second Half
Chinese private equity deals are likely to increase in the second half of the year as challenging public capital markets force companies to seek out private funding, according to industry insiders.
- Facebook Price Makes It `Risky Bet,' Rieschel Says
May 18 (Bloomberg) -- Gary Rieschel, founder and managing director of Shanghai-based Qiming Venture Partners, talks about Facebook Inc.'s initial public offering and the social-networking site's prospects for expanding into China.
- Founder of Qiming Suggests on Entrepreneurship and Funding
On the afternoon of April 28th, Gary Rieschel, one of the founders of Qiming Venture Partners, was invited to deliver a keynote speech at the Fudan-SVB Forum of Management Masters held at School and share with the audience his experiences of entrepreneurship over the past three decades. He and his colleagues were warmly received by our Dean Xiongwen LU and Associate Professor Yimin SUN.
- Baidu `Great Stock,' Qiming Venture Partners Says - JP's show on Bloomberg
JP Gan, managing partner at Qiming Venture Partners, talks about Baidu Inc.'s business outlook and stock valuation. Baidu, owner of China’s dominant Internet search engine, tumbled 11 percent in after-market trading in New York after forecasting second-quarter sales growth below analysts’ estimates.
- China Market `Walled Garden´ for Facebook
Gary Rieschel, founder and managing director of Shanghai-based Qiming Venture Partners, talks about Facebook Inc.'s planned initial public offering and the social-networking website's business prospects for the China market.
- Qiming Venture successfully invested in Hangzhou Hexing Electrical Co., Ltd.....
Qiming Venture successfully invested in Hangzhou Hexing Electrical Co., Ltd. (Hexing) in December 2011. Hexing entered the electrical power meters and test equipments market in 2011.
- INTERVIEW: Private Equity Firms to Face Hurdles In Fundraising
Wealthy Chinese individuals shun investments in private equity funds due to economic uncertainties, managing director of venture capital fund says.
- Qiming Venture Partners Announced That It Closed Its Qiming Ventures.....
SHANGHAI, May 19, 2011/ -- Qiming Venture Partners announced today that it closed its Qiming Ventures Fund III vehicle at $450 million. This fund continues Qiming's strategy of investing in outstanding Chinese entrepreneurs in the Information Technology, Consumer and Internet, Healthcare, and Cleantech sectors. Qiming's assets under management exceed $1 billion dollars from its debut in 2006.
- Qiming Venture Partners to Invest in GanLee Pharmaceuticals
SHANGHAI, May 20 2010, GanLee Pharmaceutical Company Limited ("GanLee"), a leading bio-pharmaceutical company based in China, announced that they received investments from Qiming Venture Partners ("Qiming"), a well-known China-focused venture capital firm.
- Qiming is Awarding as 2009 TOP 10 of China Healthcare Industry
Qiming is Awarding as 2009 TOP 10 of China Healthcare Industry
- 2009 Chinese Cleantech VC market-1
For Cleantech investors in China, the future is bright. There is a perfect positive storm of government policy, consumer awareness, capital, land, engineers, and entrepreneurs lined up to create and sustain a very long run of successful investments.
- Seeding China’s Start-Up Scene, With a Nod to Silicon Valley
Gary Rieschel, co-founder of Qiming Venture Partners in China. “If you like change and ambiguity, it doesn’t get better than in China,” he said - See more at: http://www.qimingventures.com/press-room/news/press-releases/press-releases14#sthash.ep2EDJG3.dpuf.
- Both eHi and 2Duche are winning the Asia 100 for Red Herring 2009
RED HERRING REVEALS Winners of the Red herring 100 Asia 2009 Award Recognizes the 100 “Most Promising” Companies Driving the Future of Technology San Francisco, ......
- Taomee receives Funding from Qiming Venture Partners
Taomee, Producer of the Largest Chinese Children’s Online Community “51mole” Receives Funding from Qiming Venture Partners.
- Chinas "Indoor Economy" Rising Quietly amid Economic Recession
Global economic recession can hardly turns the corner in the short run; stagnancy stretched into almost every sector; consumer confidence index nosedived; CPI in Q1'09 even dropped 0.6% year-on-year.
- Qiming is named as one of 2009 Global Top 100 Venture Capital firms by Red Herring
Qiming is named as one of 2009 Global Top 100 Venture Capital firms by Red Herring - See more at: http://www.qimingventures.com/press-room/news/press-releases/press-releases19#sthash.lrv6ujN4.dpuf
- China Health-Care Reform A Possible Boon For VCs
The Chinese government is planning to improve its health care system with $123 billion of stiff medicine, and private investors here are hoping their companies can get a dose.
- 2009 Chinese Cleantech VC market-2
Since 2000, venture capitalists invested $10B USD into “cleantech” companies, and it will approach $4B in 2008 alone.
- Qiming was awarded the Most Influential Investment Institution in ......
Qiming was awarded the Most Influential Investment Institution in China Healthcare Industry in 2008 at the 3rd China Healthcare Investment Summit on Dec. 16th in Beijing.
- Ignitions Chinese VC affiliate raises $320 million
Qiming Venture Partners, a Shanghai-based affiliate of Bellevue's Ignition Partners, said Tuesday it had raised $320 million from global investors aiming for a stake in China's epic boom.
- China Venture Firm Cools to Info-Tech Investments
The investors behind China’s Qiming Venture Partners previously were executives at information-technology heavy hitters like Microsoft, Intel and IBM.
- Qiming Venture Partners Announce $320M Fund II
Top Institutional Investors Expand Their Support of Firm's Value-added Approach to China Investing with Larger Fund and Enhanced Team.
- Qiming won the award of “The Best Venture Firm in China"
Qiming Venture Partners won the award of “The Best Venture Firm in China” for 2007 at the 4th TopCapital Summit for Asia Pacific held in Beijing on May 15th and 16th, ......
- Qiming won the award of “The Most Promising Venture Firm in China"
Qiming Venture Partners was awarded “The Most Promising Venture Firm in China” for 2007 at the Piper Jaffray & China Venture Annual Investment Convention held in Shanghai on March 10th and 11th, 2008.
- Qimings New Investment in Mainone
[Shanghai, China – July 3rd, 2007] Qiming Ventures Partners announced today that it has completed an investment into Mainone Inc.
- Venus Medtech's TAVR Device Is Approved By CFDA,......
CFDA also released the news about Venus A-valve's regulatory approval on its official website recently. ........
- dMed Company announced completion of first-round financing of $ 8 million
November 30, 2016, Shanghai -- dMed Company Limited announced that it has completed its first-round financing of $8 million. .........
- China's Tech Unicorns Look Increasingly Cursed
In ancient mythology, Chinese unicorns are lucky, rare creatures that appear to mark the arrival or death of a great leader, .........
- The World 1st Successful Human Implantation of Aortic Valve
The joint venture entity (JVE) from Colibri Heart Valve and Venus Medtech achieve a significant milestone by advancing a next generation,.........
- Colibri Heart Valve Forms Joint Venture with Venus Medtech
Colibri Heart Valve LLC, a privately held emerging medical device company focused on structural heart applications,.........
- ‘Sea Turtles’ Give China’s Drug Startups a Shot in the Arm
In 2001, a dozen Chinese expats met one Saturday in San Jose to trade tips on pharmaceutical proteins and share career advice over craft beers and garlic fries.........
- Google Partners With Yi Technology Along With IMAX To Develop Jump-Ready VR Cameras
Google has partnered with Yi Technology from China, alongside IMAX, to develop Jump-ready .......
- Transcatheter Sells Its Tech Portfolio to Venus Medtech
“Transcatheter Technologies’ novel solutions for structural heart disease and valve disorders will
provide significant benefits to Chinese and the rest of world’s patients.”.......
- CANbridge IND submission and partnership with Wuxi Biologics
CANbridge Life Sciences, a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing Western drug candidates in China and North Asia,.......
- Chinese Market Offers New Life to Many Drugs
SHANGHAI—Drugs that failed to make it to the market in the US and elsewhere,.......
- Venus Medtech Receives Investment from Goldman Sachs, and Establishes Cardiac......
The Cardiac Valve Research Institute ("the Institute") - a joint project between Venus Medtech (Hangzhou) Inc. ("Venus Medtech") and the Second Affiliated Hospital......
- China's Two-Speed Economy
Fushun, a city built on coal in China’s industrial northeast, is in full-blown recession. Liu Junfen, a scrap-metal merchant who gathers discarded bicycles, ......
- China's O2O tech, today's 'unicorns', tomorrow's 'unicorpses'
BEIJING (Reuters) - The Beijing offices of Shequ001, a start-up delivering supermarket goods booked via smartphone, ......
- ZAI Lab and Hanmi execute a license agreement to develop novel EGFR targeted therapy......
Shanghai, China and Seoul, Korea, 23th November 2015–ZAI Lab Limited and Hanmi Pharm. Co., Ltd. announced today that they ......
- Ark Biosciences’ Anti-Respiratory Syncytial Virus Drug AK0529 Successfully......
SHANGHAI, CHINA- Ark Biosciences, a biotech company developing proprietary therapeutics for respiratory viral diseases and viral hepatitis, ......
- QIAGEN (Suzhou) and Tigermed Announce Strategic Partnership
QIAGEN (Suzhou) Translational Medicine Co., Ltd (referred as QIAGEN (Suzhou) below) has formed a strategic partnership
with Hangzhou Tigermed Consulting Co., Ltd. (referred as Tigermed below). ......
- Berry Genomics’ NextSeq CN500 Instrument and Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing ......
Products Collaboratively Developed by Berry Genomics and Illumina Serve Chinese Clinical NIPT Marke ......
- JOINT MEDIA STATEMENT NZ SUPERANNUATION FUND & LANZATECH
Auckland, New Zealand: The New Zealand Superannuation Fund has made a US$60 million equity investment in leading gas fermentation company LanzaTech (www.lanzatech.com).
- Zai zooms ahead with $30M series A from international investors
SHANGHAI – Zai Lab Inc., of Shanghai, has received $30 million in financing from a group of international venture capital investors, ......
- Appconomy Launches Mobile App Generator Service for Merchants on Taobao, ......
Shanghai, CHINA and Austin, TX USA [February 20, 2013] – Appconomy, Inc., a leading developer of mobile commerce applications and marketing tools, announced today the launch of a service from its Cloud Commerce Platform that is designed specifically for merchants selling on Taobao, ......
- Appconomy Launches Mobile Gifting in China, Providing a Powerful, ......
Appconomy, Inc., developer of the Appconomy Commerce Cloud platform and mobile apps, announced today the launch of Mobile Gifting in its Jinjin mobile marketplace in China.
- LanzaTech Named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer 2013
The World Economic Forum announced today its latest selection of Technology Pioneers, consisting of 23 of the world’s most innovative technology start-ups.
- Tigermed IPO on the ChiNext Board
Hangzhou Tigermed Consulting Co. Ltd. (“Tigermed”) successfully completed its initial public offering on the ChiNext board in Shenzhen on August 17, 2012 (stock code: 300347).
- Xiaomi's Lei Jun: China's Answer To Steve Jobs?
This story appears in the current issue of Forbes and was reported jointly with Ryan Mac in San Francisco. To find out more about Lei Jun’s wealth, check out this post by Ryan.
- Joe Canterbury, long-time Starbucks global business ......
Appconomy, Inc. announced today that Joe Canterbury, a key executive responsible for international business development for Starbucks for more than a decade, ......
- Jiayuan listed in NASDAQ on May 11, 2011
Jiayuan listed in NASDAQ on May 11, 2011
- Taomee listed in NASDAQ on June 10, 2011
Taomee listed in NASDAQ on June 10, 2011
- LanzaTech and PNNL to convert syngas to drop in jet fuel
LanzaTech will work with Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) on converting some of LanzaTech’s products to drop in jet fuel.
- LanzaTech makes 2010 Global Cleantech Top 100
Energy technology company LanzaTech has made the prestigious Global Cleantech Top 100 – the list that highlights the world’s commercially exciting clean technology.
- Vancl extending its reach to HK
Vancl (Beijing) Technology, ranked yesterday as the mainland's fastest-growing high-technology firm, plans to expand into Hong Kong soon, as it broadens the reach of its online clothing retailing business.
- Chinas Returnee Entrepreneurship: In the Right Place at the Right Time
China is enjoying unrelenting economic growth even against the backdrop of the global recession. The business potentials of the country's dynamic and vast market are being recognized by a growing group of returnee entrepreneurs, according to a report by Z. H. Studio.
- Breaking the Made in China Stereotype
Worldwide Leader in Technological Innovation Touchmedia Shanghai Wins Red Herring Global 100, World's Leading Award for New Technology Companies
- Ether Optronics Inc. Awarded Red Herring Top 100 Global Company
Red Herring announced today that Ether Optronics Inc. has been awarded as one of the Red Herring Top 100 Global Companies. Red Herring Top 100 Global Companies are chosen from winners and finalists of the previous North America, Europe and Asia Red Herring Top 100 Companies.
- PPStream Wins Content Gold With Olympic Deal
PPStream Inc., one of China's most popular online video services, has scored a major contract with China Central Television to broadcast the 2008 Olympic Games.
- CCTV AWARDS PPS.TV FIRST ONLINE OLYMPICS BROADCAST PARTNERSHIP
PPS.TV, provider of China’s most popular and innovative online television service and technology, today announced that they have become the official broadcasting partner with CCTV.COM.
- TouchMedia Raises in Excess of 100 Million RMB
Touchmedia announced today that they had completed their second round of financing, ......
- ChinaCache Announces Support for Microsoft Silverlight
ChinaCache, a leading content delivery network (CDN) service provider in China, today announced support for Microsoft Silverlight, ......